Excavations at Burlington Road, Fulham, London SW6
Peter S Mills
A small excavation revealed a series of pits filled with pottery probably cleared from a nearby property in about 1760. A small number of medieval sherds were recovered, together with kiln furniture which may derive from John Dwights stoneware pottery (founded in c 1672). For most of the medieval and post-medieval periods the site seems to have been used as arable or for market-gardening.
[Transactions 35 (1984), pp 101 8; abstract by Francis Grew, 09-Oct-1996}
Home /Lectures /Conferences /Publications /Archives /Benefits of membership /Links