A late Saxon glass finger ring from the City of London
Alan G Vince & Justine Bayley
The ring was found at Poultry and was acquired by the London Museum in 1925 (Museum of London accession number: A27897). Recently, X-ray fluorescence analysis has shown that it has a very high lead content and may thus be classified with a series of such rings found on a number of 10th-century urban sites in England. On many of these sites evidence for the working of the glass was also found.
[Transactions 34 (1983), pp 93 4; abstract by Francis Grew, 11-Oct-1996]
Home /Lectures /Conferences /Publications /Archives /Benefits of membership /Links